This stylish, thoroughbred sports car, named 'Lightning' was designed for the discerning driver who loved the romance of motoring and wanted a distinctly exclusive car.
Aimed at the TVR and Jensen specialist market sector, this exciting new car marked a new direction for Ronart (temporary as it turned out).
6 Lightnings in all were produced.
- 4.6 litre Mustang Cobra 99 engine
- 320 bhp, V8 quad cam, 32-valve (425 bhp race tuned option)
- 5 speed manual gearbox
- Lightweight Carbon-fibre bodywork
- Full independent wishbone suspension front and rear
- Suspension/steering geometry designed by Harvey Bailey Eng.
- Hydrotrak differential
- AP Racing designed braking system
- Recaro Seats, Leather interior, Clarion multimedia stereo
- Electric windows, remote locking, air conditioning etc.
- 18" OZ wheels fitted with Pirelli P Zero tyres
That's a brief summary of the spec when the Lightning was in production.