The Ronart Drivers' Club was formed in March 1993 to promote and support the mutual interest of the owners and admirers of the beautiful W152, by -
- Providing a central point of contact for all members, to form a mutual help group
- Tracking every car built, with our independent register
- Arranging social events for members to meet each other
- Giving a forum for Ronart Cars Limited to share new information with owners
- Enabling owners to share technical and not-so-technical tips and ideas
- Providing a regular Newsletter consolidating all of the above
The Ronart Drivers' Club is for owners and friends of the Ronart W152, an individualistic British sports car based upon Jaguar XK or V12 engines and running gear. The W152 is evocative of the Grand Prix racing cars of the 1950's, such as Mercedes & Vanwall. The Club also encompasses the Ronart Lightning V8, plus owners of the Vanwall GPR.
A quarterly magazine, Humps & Pipes, is produced in support of the Club. Like this website, it is published in the spare time of those who could otherwise be out driving! It needs the members' input and support in the form of articles, hints and tips, or editing expertise.
One of the objectives of the Ronart Drivers' Club is the compilation of a complete register of W152s and Lightnings. Approximately 120 cars have been built, most of which are known, but some are not. If, as an owner, you have not already registered your details with the RDC, please contact us, even if you do not wish to join the Club. It will only take a couple of minutes to enter your details on our contact page link below.
These pages are developed and maintained on a amateur basis and so rely on our members' comment and input. Please help us know you are out there and how we can improve the content.